Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Patio Dreams

I'm dreaming of a beautiful patio...





Maybe one with a pergola for a little shade...



One where I can sit and sip some lemonade, read, and daydream as I look out onto a beautifully landscaped garden...



a garden with lots of vibrant colors...



Of course, I would need a fire pit to keep me warm on those chillier evenings...



And since I'm still dreaming and have an endless supply of money to spend on my dream patio, I'd like either flagstone



or blue stone...



OKAY, time to wake up!!! BACK TO REALITY...

We live on a wooded lot. We share this wooded lot with squirrels, chipmunks, deer, turkeys, raccoons, and a woodchuck. A couple years ago we had 7 raccoons removed, which had been living in our attic. It's a long story, but they made quite the MESS up there and tore up a ton of our insulation.

Anyway, we discovered that after kicking them out of their attic home, their friends moved in under our back deck. I guess they considered this home to be their wooded retreat too, but I had other plans.

Operation: Remove the Deck began! The deck was rotting in several places, had a tree in the middle of it as well as an awkward layout with 3 levels, so this is what swayed us to remove it rather than just remove the troublesome raccoon family.

With two kids under the age of 5, though, our progress was slow going and is, in fact, still going. Here is a snapshot of where we are as of today.



Now you know why I'm dreaming of a beautiful patio!

I'm hoping this weekend we can make some major progress in getting this deck removed and being one step closer to my dream patio.

Emilia

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

1 comment:

  1. You and I have similar dreams, Emilia. But you've got a lot more years to achieve yours. Enjoy the process. :)

    ReplyDelete