Monday, June 10, 2013

Seeing Stripes

One of my favorite designers is Sarah Richardson. Ever since I watched the episode Boho Chic Girls Rooms in Sarah 101: Season 1, I have wanted a channel back chair upholstered in horizontal stripes. Isn't it lovely?? I dreamed of putting it in my oldest daughter's bedroom.

sarah richardson sarah 101 nursery pink stripe chair

So, I scoured my local Craigslist to no avail. Then, about a year ago, I found this beauty at a local antique store for $75. I know most great design bloggers can score great furniture pieces for $20 or less, but I never seem to have that luck nor do I have the patience to keep the search alive for something cheaper once I've stumbled upon a suitable find.



So this beauty came home with me, and then it sat in my garage (head hanging in shame). I always have such great ideas for projects, but either time or money always seem to thwart my best laid plans. Anyway, I have decided that in the next two months I will purchase some fabric and take this chair to get reupholstered!

This is where I need some help. I've come up with a few options for striped fabric, but I'm not quite sure which fabric would be best. Here are the fabrics I have found thus far and like as possible options:

1. Waverly Valentina Stripe Spring

Waverly Valentina Stripe Spring

2. Tempo Indoor/Outdoor Carnival Stripe Red Green

Tempo Indoor/Outdoor Carnival Stripe Red/Green

3. Sunbrella Steeplechase Malibu


4. Deck Chair Stripe Beach Glass

Deck Chair Stripe Beach Glass

5. Deck Chair Stripe Algae

Deck Chair Stripe Algae

6. Sunbrella Dolce Mango


These are the six choices I like, and just so you have an idea of where this newly upholstered chair will reside, here are a few photos of my oldest daughter's bedroom. The chair will be placed under the window to the left of her dresser. The lime green pouf will be used as an ottoman in front of the chair.




I hope someone can help me with this decision, and as soon as it comes back from being reupholstered, I will post pictures of my beautiful channel back in its new room!

Emilia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emilia! As I scrolled through the fabric photos there were two that stood out to me. I really liked the first one, Waverly Valentina, and the last one, Sunbrella Dolce Mango. When I saw the bedroom photos I could easily picture the Mango fabric in there. It will match the other colors you have without overpowering things. When you make your final decision keep in mind that she'll soon be expressing her own opinion on how she wants her room decorated. A chair like this should last for many years and you'll want something versatile that will go with various decors. By the way, I think you got a great deal on this chair. Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I agree that the chair should be versatile, and yes, I'm sure my daughter will soon be expressing her own opinions on décor as she's already quite headstrong on other issues.

      Delete